Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas Letter

I just received my cousin's Christmas letter and I always enjoy reading it. It is one of the few, if the only letter I receive. When ever I read it I think next year I am going to write a Christmas letter but I always forget. So this year since I have already sent out my Christmas cards I am going to post a Christmas letter on my blog.

John has kept very busy this year. Between work, his side job and his calling as 1st counselor in the Elder Quorum he always has something to do. But he is a hard worker and seems to manage it all fairly well. This summer he bought a bike and has enjoyed riding it. He also loves spending time with the kids. They are always so excited when he comes home from work and all talk at once trying to get his attention.

This year has also proved to be very busy for me as well. In May I was called as the Relief Society President. This has been a challenging calling but has also come with many blessings. I also had the opportunity this summer to compete in my first triathlon as well as my first relay bike race. The bike race was Saints to Sinners and it was a 500-mile route from Salt Lake to Vegas. I ended up riding almost 60 miles over my three legs. One of those legs was at 4 in the morning while another one was in a 113 degree temperature. It was hard race but a lot of fun.

Ben started 2nd grade this year. He is behaving much better in school this year now that he doesn't have all of his friends in his class. He has also improved by leaps and bounds in his reading. Ben is greatly loved by his brother and sisters. Especially Jacob who is so bored all day until Ben comes home. Ben is a big help around the house and always looking out for his baby sister Elaina. Ben loves playing basketball and is getting much better. He also loves science. He is always watching Nova or some other show about volcanoes or oceans or what ever and then teaching Jacob all of the interesting facts he knows. He frequently tells me things I did not know.

Jacob is in preschool this year and can not wait until Kindergarten next year. Since Jacob is the oldest in his class most of his friends are just older than him and are in Kindergarten this year. This makes for very boring afternoons when there is no one to play with. Jacob loves writing his name and loves counting. He recently counted to a thousand and has done it a few more times since. Jacob also loves to play Lego's with Ben. This is all Ben & Jacob want for Christmas. Sometimes I wonder how many Lego's one family can own. This summer we were able to go camping with some friends on the beach in Carlsbad. Jacob some how managed to fall by the water spigot and ended up with 10 stitches around his eye. He was very brave while getting his stitches.

Katie just turned 3 and is very energetic. She is turning into our little tomboy. She loves to wrestle and will frequently growl at people. She will play dolls and dress up when her friends are over but when she has her brothers to play with she is all boy. She is also very affectionate. She loves to give hugs and kisses. She also loves to tell stories most of which I can't understand. Katie is turning out to take after her Dad in the height department. She soon will probably catch up with Jacob soon and it won't be long before she is taller than me.

Elaina is almost 17-months and we can not wait for her to go to nursery. She is very active and always getting into something. She finds it very funny when I tell her no. She is a very happy little girl and loves to run around with the other kids. They aren't always to thrilled to have her around since she tends to knock down or break what ever they are working on. Elaina has always had a hard time sleeping she currently is sleeping through the night and I hope it last. Usually we get a few weeks of enjoyment and then she is back to her frequent wakings.

All and all we have had a wonderful year. The kids are so funny and frequently make us laugh. These young years are challenging but there is so much joy to be had. We are so grateful for all that we have been blessed with and are so grateful for the wonderful family and friends that give us so much support and love. We hope this letter finds you and your family happy during this holiday season.

Love – The Halladay's

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Great letter!

Ned and Melanie said...

What a great idea! Who was the letter from? Do I need to read it?

Sara said...

great letter! sounds like you had a great year. I can't believe how fast time goes. Merry Christmas!