Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Canning

I am very lucky to have in-laws that have a large garden. I like to call it a small farm. From this small farm I receive a lot of produce which I usually perserve. This year I did more than I ever have and thought I would show you all of my hard work.

20 Quarts of Applesauce & 9 Quarts of Pearsauce (2 rows on the left). In case you are wondering the middle row of Applesauce was made with Red apples and the 4 rows on the right were made with Granny Smith apples. That is why they are different colors.


21 Quarts of Peaches, 14 Quarts of Tomatoes

11 pints apricot jam, 10 pints pear jam, 18 pints salsa

Strawberry & Raspberry Freezer Jam. We have already eaten about 1/2 of what I made back in May.

10 bags of peaches, 8 bags of green peppers, 4 bags of rhubarb

8 bags of Zucchini

When I finished the applesauce yesterday I told John no more canning this year. However my friend just found a good deal on pickling cucumbers so I may try one batch of pickles before I wrap up for good.

Thanks again to my great in-laws for all of the food. Also thanks to my friends that were willing to take the extra produce when I just couldn't bottle any more.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Wow! Now I know where to go in an emergency!

hallamigo said...

Mmm, pickles. Sounds good.