Wednesday, January 23, 2008
I am too big...
Today my 4 year old told me he was too big to kiss his Mommy. I was very surprised and sadden by this since he is my very affection child. Plus I didn't think I would hit this age until he was at least in school. I tried several time but he wouldn't budge. My 2 year old was very happy to give me kisses. Finally my 4 year old said he wasn't too old to give his Mommy and Daddy hugs. I was glad to hear this since hugs are my favorite.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You should have asked him "Does that mean you are big enough for a spankin now"?
Hopefully he'll outgrow it. My boys went through a similar stage of being "too big" for physical affection. Pretty soon they missed it, and started making exceptions for me. After a while they forgot they were too big and were back to hugging and kissing everyone.
You could always tell your oldest that his cousins that are even older than him still hug and kiss. I used to point out to my boys that Daddy wasn't too big for that kind of thing.
Your kids must be talking to my kids, because the last week or two they've been saying "sick" anytime I try to kiss them!
I am not looking forward to hearing those words.
Post a Comment