Sunday, January 27, 2008

You've been tagged...

I usually don't like these tagged emails but I thought this one was fun. So here you go Lacey!

The History of Valerie & John

How long have you been together? We meet in the summer of 98 so almost 10 years.

How long did you date? 9 months off and on. But if you add up the time we were actually dating then 2 or 3 months.

How old is he? 31

Who eats more? John

Who said "I love you" first? John

Who is taller? Do you even have to ask?

Who sings better? John by far.

Who is smarter? I have to say we are about the same.

Who does the laundry? Me

Who does the dishes? Me but John helps on occasion.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? John, he likes to sleep next to the door so he can protect me in case someone breaks into the house. Isn't that sweet?

Who pays the bills? Me

Who mows the lawn? John, but he showed me how a few years back so I help every so often but I am not very good at it.

Who cooks dinner? Me

Who is more stubborn? Me by far.

Who kissed who first? John but it took him a few tries before I would actually let him.

Who asked who out? John asked me.

Who proposed? John, my parents were very surprised since we just had broken up 2 weeks before for like the 20th time.

Who is more sensitive? John, it took him a while before he got used to the mean teasing that goes on in my family.

Who has more friends? Me

Who has more siblings? Me (John has 4 and I have 7)

Who wears the pants in the relationship? John, at least I let him think he does. :-)

5 comments:

Jessica Potter said...

That's cute; nice to learn a little more about you! :)

Lacey said...

Thanks for doing it! Sounds like you and John had a rocky start ... bet that's a fun story!

Anonymous said...

OK, I know I'm getting a little senile, but I only count 6 siblings for you. Could you perhaps give me a list of all 7 so I won't miss anyone's birthday.

Valerie said...

Sorry Dad I meant 6.

Katie said...

Val,

It is so good to be reminded that someone else broke up a million times before getting engaged...I think you and Jon outdid us, but I do remember talking to Jon one night at the McClelland house after you were married and getting some good advice during one of the times Jeff and I were in limbo.