Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Too Many Kids?!?

Tonight my sister's kids are staying the night. So we have 5 kids under the age of 6. Everything had been going great and then it was bed time. I was bathing Katelyn when my nephew came in the house to tell me that Ben had fallen off his scooter. So John went and got him. John had to get some work done before a 9:00 PM conference call with his boss so I was on my own.

Once Ben was bandaged up I started getting kids ready for bed. When I told the kids it was time for bed my 2 year old niece immediately started getting undressed. Before I had her pjs out of the suitcase she was naked and running around the house. While I was getting her dressed the older boys were asking for their stuff so they could get in their pjs and were asking how long it was going to take me to get their sleeping bags out. Finally I got to Jake and they were all in pjs. Now on to brushing teeth. It is quite the process when there are 4 of them. By this time Katelyn is crying because she wants to eat and the kids are running around screaming. John takes pity on me and comes and gets the baby. So I get the 2 year olds in bed and read them books. Then I get the older boys settle and read them books. Finally I get Katelyn her bottle and get her to bed.

This is when the real fun started. The boys were laughing and yelling in the living room. The 2 years keep running in and out of they room. Luckily they never woke up the baby. After about an hour and half of telling them to settle down and go to sleep I gave up and came down stairs. It is now 10:15 and Jake is the only one who has finally fallen asleep. My sister said that when my kids stayed the night last week her and her husband finally went to bed at 10:30 and all the kids were still awake. Lets just hope they sleep in tomorrow.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Sounds like a mad house! That's a lot of youngins, you're a good woman.

Lacey said...

Which is exactly why I never let my nieces and nephew spend the night. If anyone could handle it it would be you. Hope you get to bed early tonight!

sarahhicken said...

I bet you are tired. I have never had the courage to take on that many kids at once.

Anonymous said...

Revenge is sweet.