Thursday, April 24, 2008

Potty Training

Well today Jake decided that he wanted to start using the potty. I wasn't planning on potty training him for several months since he is only 2 1/2. He was really excited to sit on the potty but he never actually went. After he pied his pants once I put a diaper back on him. Then about 2 hours later he decided he need to go to the bathroom. To make a long story short he has now gone potty a few times on his own.

I told him he could have a Hershey Kiss if he did go potty. About 15 minutes after the kids had gone to bed Ben and Jake came downstairs. Ben tells me, "Jake went poopy in the potty so I got him a Hershey Kiss, when you are done with your show you need to come clean out the potty." I got a good laugh out of that. Maybe Ben can potty train him for me.

Well if this works I will be excited to have it done. If not then hopefully it will make it easier when we actually do it.

7 comments:

Liz said...

My younger brother was instrumental in potty training our younger sister. He would sit on the edge of the tub and read to her while she sat on the toilet. My mom had almost nothing to do.

Maybe Ben can potty train Jacob and then Jacob can potty train Katelyn.

Denise said...

I am sending Eliza right over. I will pick her up sometime next week.

Jessica said...

How cute! What a good older brother Ben is.

Katie said...

I HATE potty training. I am at the same place with Nathan. Sometimes he wants to use the potty, but I'm not sure I'm ready to jump in with both feet and get serious. Hopefully that will make it easier later instead of just confuse the kid by my inconsistency...

Jessica Potter said...

When it's time to potty train Roman can Ben come over?

happy mom said...

that is just too nice, I still feel like I am potty training Sam. and Amanda acts ready everyother day, she is only 2 and I pretty much just tell her is she can do it herself she is more than welcome, how is that for bad parenting? good luck with Jake.

The Ballard's said...

This is Amity. I am at my friends house so I don't know what I am showing up as. I can't believe you have three kids. They are so cute. I am about to have my fourth child any day now, but we really should get together sometime.