Sunday, February 3, 2008

Baby Blessing




Today we blessed Katelyn. Overall it was a wonderful day. Katelyn looked adorable in her little outfit. Most of the family came even though they got a ton of snow. We did lose some to sickness, snow, new baby, a mission, away at college, and foot surgery. We were sad they could not be there but of course understand. We had plenty of food. (John and I will be eating Chicken Salad Sandwiches morning, noon, and night for the next week). The toy room, surprisingly, is still in pretty good shape. I think that is because the kids entertained themselves with the Wii. And now that it is all done I am very tired. There are still dishes to be done and chairs to be put away but I think I will wait until tomorrow.



As one final note I do want to say that nothing makes me feel closer to my Heavenly Father than when I look at my sweet babies . I am so so blessed to have them.

7 comments:

stephanie said...

I love the top picture! She is so precious. I love her hat and beautiful dress! Glad to hear the blessing day was a good day. Enjoy your sweet babies, they truly are a blessing.

Jessica said...

Oh, Valerie she is adorable!! She looks like a perfect porclein doll. I am sorry we missed the blessing, but I'm so glad you posted these pictures of her. There is nothing as sweet as moments like these with your babies.

Jessica

Anonymous said...

I thought the same thing as Jessica as soon as I saw the first picture. She's so perfect she looked like a porclein doll! What a sweetie...

sarahhicken said...

She was such a good baby during th blessing and was so beautiful and sweet.

Lacey said...

That hat is beautiful! She really is the sweetest baby!

Jessica said...

Oh I love that picture! She is so adorable!

happy mom said...

hello! did I miss the "I have a blog come check it out"? why didn't you tell me? OH and I kind of forgot about the blessing! oops! she is gorgeous, Brian is going to be mad when he finds out I didn't remember. I'm sorry!

so funny about the slapping of the hand!

I will be back to check out the rest later, thanks for the picasa info.