Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fire Wood!



We had an early snow this year that wasn't good for many of the trees in the neighborhood being that most were still full of leaves. Unfortunately it was too much for one particular neighbor's tree and it ended up splitting from all the weight. They were kind enough to let us have the firewood in exchange for helping haul it off.

Around 4pm today John's dad came up after work with his truck and chainsaw and they got to work cutting the bigger stuff up. At 5pm a bunch of guys from the ward showed up to help with the rest and between John's dad's truck and another neighbor's trailer, they got a load of wood over to our garage (above picture) and everything else loaded to take to be mulched.

Thanks again Egans for the firewood. It's very much appreciated!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Nice stash! I guess I'm headed over to your house when the power is out and I need to stay warm! Happy birthday jacob!

sarahhicken said...

Forget about turning on the furnace. You can keep you house warm with all that wood.

Katie said...

I was just trying to think of where to get firewood for a bonfire up the canyon this weekend...wood is hard to come by in Winnemucca since trees are so scarce.

Kristy said...

No, THANK YOU!!! Really. I had no idea what to do with a downed tree. You guys were a life saver and I'm glad that my once budget helping tree can help out another family now.

Amanda said...

It looks like a nice neat Valerie approved pile too.